Minecraft: Pocket Edition got a pretty substantial update today, bringing along the pretty major addition of Redstone, which lets you create complex, powered devices. The update also heralds the arrival of bunnies, desert temples, and much more. The full changelog is a bit long, but here are some of the highlights and fixes from version 0.13.0:
- Redstone Circuits: Redstone Wire, Torch, Lamp, Levers, Buttons, Pressure plates, Tripwires, Trapped Chests and Detector Rails. Craft them all!
- Cute, fluffy, crop-eating, bunnies
- Desert temples
- New types of wooden doors
- Redstone can be used to control doors, trapdoors, TNT and rails
- Faster boats with improved handling
- Increased item tooltip visibility time in Windows 10 Edition Beta
- Stack count labels now use a bigger and more readable font
- Slimes and Ghasts now actually spawn!
- Hunger restored by food items now match the PC version
- Flowers created by using Bone Meal on Grass now depend on the biome
- Skeletons now run away from Wolves
- Obsidian now breaks in 6.5 seconds rather than 3
- Mine carts now stack on top of each other
- Boats now stack
- Beetroot soup now stacks
- Fixed Curved Rail and Redstone behavior
- Improved Slime spawning
- Block lag should be significantly reduced. Everything should feel more responsive now
- Updated door textures all over the place
- Even more Ghast and Slime spawning
And there you have it. The update is a fairly major one, especially for all of the aspiring engineers out there. The Mojang team says it will update the game with more Redstone components in the future, but this is a start. For the full changelog, including bug fixes, be sure to check out the blog post at the source link below.
- $6.99 – Download Now